In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult we will ensure that the child receives a high standard of care in order to cause as little distress as possible. We will inform parents / carers of our procedures so that if they are unavoidably detained they will be reassured that their child will be properly cared for.
Statement of Intent
In the event that an authorised adult does not collect a child at the end of a nursery session, Our Lady’s Nursery puts into practice these procedures; this ensures that an experienced and qualified practitioner who knows the child cares for the child.
We obtain written information from parents in our “Backround Information Form” when they begin nursery.
This information is:
- Home telephone number (If the parents do not have a telephone an alternative phone number must be given, perhaps a neighbours.)
- Mobile telephone number (if applicable)
- Place of work and telephone number (if applicable)
- Names and telephone numbers of any adults with written authorisation by the parents to collect their child e.g. child minder, grandparents.
- Information about any person who does not have legal access to the child
On occasions when parents are aware that they will not be at home or in their usual place of work they record how they can be contacted in the nursery’s “Going Home Book”.
On every occasion when parents or the person normally authorised to collect the child is not able to collect, they record the name and other relevant information about the person who will be collecting their child in the nursery’s “Going Home Book” .
We agree with parents how the identification of the person who is to collect their child will be verified. (A child cannot be taken from The Nursery without this information.)
Parents are informed that if they are not able to collect the child as planned they must inform us so that we can begin to initiate back up procedures. We provide parents with our contact telephone number; we also inform parents that in the event that their child is not collected from nursery by an authorised adult and the staff can no longer supervise the child in our premises we will contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) 0300 470 9100
If a child is not collected at the end of a session we adopt the following procedures:
- The “Going Home Book” is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routine.
- If no information is available parents or carers are contacted at work or home, if this is unsuccessful the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the nursery and whose details are recorded on The Background Information Form are contacted.
- All reasonable attempts are made to contact the parents /carers e.g. a neighbour is contacted or another member of staff visits the child’s home.
- The child stays at nursery in the care of two DBS checked workers until the child is safely collected.
- The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the Background Information Form or the “Going Home Book”.
- If no one collects the child and the premises are closing or staff are no longer available to be care the child we will contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) 0300 470 9100
- A full written report of the incident is recorded and depending on circumstances we reserve the right to charge the parents for additional hours worked by our staff.
In the event of a child going missing from Our Lady’s Nursery or being lost on an outing whilst in our care, the manager will call the police immediately. We will provide the police with as much information as possible.
Our Lady’s Nursery will then contact the parents/ carers of the child and inform them of the situation.
Ofsted will be informed of the incident, and its outcome, in writing. We will also carry out a risk assessment to make sure this does not happen again.
This Policy was adopted on January 2004
Reviewed & Updated August 2018
Manager J Nolan-Davies