Parents are the first educators of their young children. The aim of the nursery in partnership with parents is to support parents in their essential role.
- Involve parents in shared record keeping about their own child, both formally and informally, ensuring that parents have access to all written records on their own children.
- Ensure that parents are given information on a regular basis about their child’s progress and have an opportunity to discuss it with staff.
- Ensure that all parents have opportunities to contribute from their own skills, knowledge and interests to the activities of The Nursery
- Welcome the contributions of parents, whatever form these may take.
- Make known to all parents the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions.
- Provide opportunities for parents to learn about The Nursery curriculum and about young children’s learning both in nursery and at home.
This policy was adopted on July 2002
Reviewed February 2017
Manager J Nolan-Davies