The nursery’s work with children and families will sometimes bring us into contact with confidential information.
To ensure that all those using and working in the nursery can do so with confidence, we will respect confidentiality in the following ways:
- Parents will have ready access to the files and records of their own children but will not have access to information about any other child.
- Staff will not discuss individual children, other than for purposes of curriculum planning/group management, with people other than the parents/carers of that child.
- Information given by parents/carers to the managers or key person will not be passed on to other adults without permission.
- Issues concerning the employment of staff, whether paid or unpaid, will remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions.
- Any anxieties/evidence relating to a child’s personal safety will be kept in a confidential file and will not be shared within the group except with the child’s key person and the nursery managers.
- Students in training, when they are in the nursery, will be advised of our confidentiality
policy and required to respect it.
If a person has a complaint about any aspect of the nursery provision, please refer to our
Complaints Procedure Policy.
This policy was adopted on March 1997
Updated & Reviewed August 2018