If, during a session, the nursery managers have to close the nursery through exceptional circumstances or an emergency, that makes the nursery unsuitable for purpose, staff will implement the ‘Critical Incident Plan’.
Appointed members of staff will be assigned by the Nursery Manager or Deputy for each of the steps detailed below:
- FIRE ALARM SOUNDED by ANY MEMBER OF STAFF
- BATHROOM CHECKED, WINDOWS SHUT by APPOINTED MEMBER OF STAFF
- CHILDREN LEAD TO NEAREST EXIT AND FIRST PLACE OF SAFETY. FIRE ASSEMBLY POINT IN GARDEN, FAR SIDE OF CAR PARK OR ST PAUL’S SCHOOL by ALL MEMBERS OF STAFF
- REGISTER TAKEN by NURSERY MANAGER
- CONTACT EMERGENCY SERVICES by APPOINTED MEMBER OF STAFF
- EMERGENCY GRAB BAG RETRIEVED FROM GARDEN SHED (CONTENTS INCLUDE CONTACT LIST,ALLERGY LIST, FIRST AID KIT, 4 ADULT REFLECTIVE JACKETS, 4EMERGENCY BLANKETS,PEN & PAPER) by APPOINTED MEMBER OF STAFF
- MANAGER & DEPUTY MANAGER TO CONTACT PARENTS/CARERS
- REVIEW SAFETY OF ALL PERSONNEL AND CHILDREN by ALL STAFF MEMBERS
- SIGN OUT CHILD TO APPROPRIATE PARENT/CARER by APPOINTED MEMBER OF STAFF
- WRITTEN REPORT OF INCIDENT by ALL MEMBERS OF STAFF. NURSERY MANAGERS TO COLLATE, REVIEW AND PRESENT TO COMMITTEE. INFORM OFSTED, INSURANCE COMPANY, SURREY EARLY YEARS
- PARENTS INFORMED BY E MAIL ON THE RE-OPENING OF NURSERY by NURSERY MANAGER AND WEB-SITE .
Policy reviewed/amended August 2018
Nursery Manager J Nolan-Davies