The toys and equipment in nursery provide opportunities for children, with adult help, to develop new skills and concepts in the course of their play and exploration.
We try to ensure that the equipment we provide:
- Is appropriate for the ages and stages of the children.
- Offers challenges to developing physical, social, personal and intellectual skills.
- Features positive images of people, both male and female, from a range of ethnic and cultural groups, with and without additional needs.
- Includes a range of raw materials that can be used in a variety of ways and encourages an open-ended approach to creativity and problem solving.
- Will enable children, with adult support, to develop individual potential and move towards required learning goals.
- Toys and equipment conform to the BSEN safety standards or Toys (Safety) Regulation (1995) and are safe and well made.
- All resources and equipment are regularly checked as they are set out at the beginning and put away at the end of each session to ensure that they are clean, undamaged and safe to use.
This policy was adopted on March 1997
Reviewed February 2017
Manager J Nolan-Davies