We want children to feel safe and happy in the absence of their parents, to recognise other adults as a source of authority, help and friendship and to be able to share with their parents afterwards the new learning experiences enjoyed in the nursery. We also want parents to feel welcome and involved from the beginning.
In order to accomplish this, we aim to create a partnership with parents in the following ways:
- By creating opportunities for the exchange of information, using among other resources a copy of the nursery’s prospectus and background information forms.
- By ensuring plentiful opportunities for parents to inform the nursery about their children’s current achievements and interests.
- By encouraging parents to visit the nursery with their children before an admission is planned.
- By introducing flexible admission procedures, if appropriate, to meet the needs of individual families and children.
- By following our settling in procedures.
- By making clear to families from the outset that they will be welcome and supported in the nursery as long as it takes to settle their child there.
Policy reviewed and updated February 2017
Manager J Nolan-Davies